• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Issues 01 cherokee

deljer55

NAXJA Forum User
Changed heater core today, I had been running with the heater core bypassed. With the new one installed I do not have heat. The fan is working, the vent selector is working, the only thing that doesn't appear to be working correctly is the blendor motor. I can hear it make noise only when I move the dial from the coldest setting up about a quarter of the way. And that is it. I guess the reason for the post is, does the blendor motor run the entire time that you turn the dial or just a little bit as I described previously? By the way I have replaced the water pump, thermostat, and heater core. It looked pretty nasty from the previous owner who it appears, had used some stop leak product. 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L

I am not sure exactly what my problem was but I did add more coolant and my wife drove it today and the heat worked great. Maybe I was just impatient anticipating some sense of accomplishment after the changing of the heater core.

Back