• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing bearing in crankshaft end

AJBob

NAXJA Forum User
2000, 4.0 6 cyl, auto trans, 4x4
I found a used motor to replace the blown one I had. The new motor came with a manual transmission and has a needle bearing in the crankshaft end. How do I take this bearing out?

you may be able to rent a pilot bearing removal tool from autone etc, if not pack with grease and use a bolt or dowel the just barely fits in pilot bearing and strike with hammer, the hydraulic properties of the grease will often force the bearing out. Although I believe you may be able to leave it in, but I am not sure about that.

you may be able to rent a pilot bearing removal tool from autone etc, if not pack with grease and use a bolt or dowel the just barely fits in pilot bearing and strike with hammer, the hydraulic properties of the grease will often force the bearing out. Although I believe you may be able to leave it in, but I am not sure about that.

That is the way to do it if you don't have a puller handy.

Back