• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tcase seal

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so im a complete idiot!!! In the process of doing a tcase rebuild and put the front output bearing in and then the seal. Totally forgot to put the bearing retainer clip/spring thing back in. :banghead:Now there is no way to get that seal back out and be able to re-use it. Where in the hell can i get one tomorrow? Is this a normally stocked part at say NAPA?

This is for a NP231 Tcase.

Ok so i kind jumped the gun on my post. Think i found it. http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=NOS15560_0074062049&An=599001+101991+50038+2038004

Last edited:
231: MOPAR 4338 893
242: MOPAR 4798 125

(part numbers for a 2000 XJ but should fit nearly any year with these cases...)

I would bet on them being in stock at autozone, NAPA, AAP, etc etc... at least one store in your area will probably have one.

The database for the NAPA on Oceanside Blvd claims that they have them both in stock right now. Not sure if it's accurate but it is worth a try. Call or walk in and give em that number as an interchange/OEM number and they should be able to find your part.

AWESOME! Thanks.

Hey Marc. Not sure if they're open Sundays, but if you can't find one Don Erbe Co. over on airport road in Oceanside has always been able to find anything I've needed. They've had some pretty obscure stuff in stock that I thought for sure I'd have to order.

Back