• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 XJ track bar issues

gameface87

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

I am currently installing the RE 4.5 superflex kit. Let me start and say that EVERY nut was a rusted PIA to get off and I have been working on the front for two days. Finally, I was able to move on to the track bar and it was rusted on to upper mount. After cutting the track bar off right above the ball joint, I attempted to drill out the bolt to no avail. At one point I had the drill on a 3ton jack and a buddy held the drill steady as I applied pressure and it didnt budge. I was able to drill about 1/4".

Any suggestions?

Im working on getting pics now...

Your trying to drill hardened steel.Remove the bracket and press it out or order up the RE HD Trackbar/bracket/brace.You will thank yourself in th long run!

yeah just drop that bracket if you can get those bolts to break loose. My XJ is plagued with frozen hardware but I could get the castle nut off rather easily; lucky me I guess. Then dropped it with a pickle fork.

Back