• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tcase clicking

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
91 AW4 231
I recently installed a SYE in my tcase and have started getting a really weird rotational wobble sound while breaking or low speeds coming from what sounds like the tcase. I put my heep on j stands and spun the wheels to take a close listen. I notice there is a clicking noise deffenantly coming from t case and verries with speed. I've put the tcase in N and put tranny in gear to eleminate chain but clicking is still there.
Rotational wobble noice is not there while on jack stands. Not sure if the two are related? But both coming from t case. Any thoughts?

I don't have a front shaft in and haven't for a few weeks.

Last edited:
I've put the tcase in N and put tranny in gear to eleminate chain but clicking is still there.
That tells you that it's something to do with the input shaft because that is always spinning when the transmission is spinning

Yeah i kinda thought so to. I'm gonna open it up again tomorrow and see whats going on. I've read a some of threads here about "clicking Tcase" but either they never post up with the solution or never figure it out.

Back