• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blower motor help

IRISHSPDFRK

NAXJA Forum User
i need some help over the summer my blower motor stopped working first i thought it would be the resistor nope all good then i went for the blower motor nope that is find. now i have looked everywhere for a wiring diagram but can not find anthing for my year i have a 2001 cherokee sport the manual i have shows nothing past 1995. does anyone know where to get a wiring diagram or have a suggestion on what could be wrong. thanks. sean

There's a 15A fuse in the Junction Block (by the passenger kick panel) for the blower. Your owner's manual should show the location of the fuse. And there's a 40A fuse in the PDC for the blower motor. There should be around four 40A fuses so check each one.

There's also a blower motor relay-which I haven't located in the FSM yet. Maybe someone can pinpoint it for you.

Good luck.

Ok, if you jumper power and ground to the blower motor that is currently installed it will run--correct?

Your owner's manual should show the location of the fuse.

Yeah... About that. :D

If you look at the rear of the fusebox door on a 2000 or 2001 Cherokee, there are instructions to the effect of, 'see owner's manual for fuse diagram' moulded into the plastic. Checking the owner's manual for the diagram will refer you back to the fusebox door. Truly one of Chrysler's finer moments.

My recommendation would be to take a look at this post, print out the diagram and legend, and put those in your owner's manual.

Incidentally, the blower motor relay should be behind the glovebox. Take everything out of the glovebox so that it doesn't spill all over the passenger floor, then remove the rubber bumpstops at the top edge of the glovebox opening by firmly pulling down on them. Let the glovebox flop open and you should see it over on (IIRC) the left-hand side of the opening.

Last edited:
Back