• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have any better ideas?

Four2score

NAXJA Forum User
I dunno if its just me but I cannot stand sideways sitting oil filters.

I change my oil and when I spin the filter off oil goes all over the place. Is there any way to make this thing vertical?

DSC02766.jpg

May not be the solution you want, I put a large zip lock bag with some old shop towels in it around the oil filter. Then I pull the bag and filter out together, no mess.

Don't change your oil.

http://www.wefilterit.com

I've been running them for decades. I have over 100k on my stroker and only changed the oil once since I got the rings to seat. The oil is so clean it is hard to read on the dipstick.

Wow! That is really weird. I'm not so sure I'm sold on it though. I get the whole cleaning the oil thing with a double filter basically but doesn't heat in the engine break down the properties of the oil thus losing it lubricating abilities? Do you ever need to add oil as some of it burns off?

Don't change your oil.

I've been running them for decades. I have over 100k on my stroker and only changed the oil once since I got the rings to seat. The oil is so clean it is hard to read on the dipstick.

My dad always ran those when I was a kid. I need to get a couple of those. I remember him just changing the filter every 3K miles and adding a quart. We had a F250 that had over 200K on the odometer with Pennzoil and zero oil changes.

Anyone have oil analysis sheets from the same engine running one and not running one?

Don't change your oil.

can you link to what it is you have, the setup you purchased that is.

seems to be a few options, and some installs have 1-2-3+ filters installed.

is this on a DD vehicle, weekend warrior, dedicated trail rig?

intriguing idea.

Never heard of this...

Never heard of the Frantz toilet paper oil filter?
Darn kids.
I remember seeing them at auto and RV shows in the 60s and 70s.
Didn't know they were still around.
I had an uncle who ran one and only changed his oil every 10,000 miles, which was an eternity back in the 60s.
His engines always lasted over 100,000 miles, unusual back in the dark ages.

You can trade adapters with me cuz I want mine to be horizontal.

If the open end were up I would be interested but having the open end down doesn't help me. I thought I might be able to spin yours around 180 but the adapter is on a tilt so would put the filter right into the block and wouldn't fit. It almost needs a shim or something to put the filter away from the block. Doesn't anybody make something aftermarket?

Have you googled "remote oil filter adapter"?

And we have a WINNER!!!

summitracing.com has them at a reasonable price.

Why can't you run a FL1A with it horizontal? I do.

Didn't think there was enough room to get one in there. Had a friend with a later model horizontal and for some reason we couldn't get it in there. Good to know.

Ok Gertie, hold on to your bloomers!

Using Wix part numbers for comparisons:

51085 stock size 1/2 quart capacity 3/4x16 SAE, vertical or horizontal mounting.

51515 oversize 1 quart capacity 3/4x16 SAE, vertical or horizontal mounting.

51773 double-oversize 2 quart capacity 3/4x16 SAE, vertical mounting ONLY.

The 51515 one quart is the same external dimensions as the FL1A.

For you Renix/early HOs with the metric filter, you can adapt to the SAE threads for under $10 from the dealer: part number 53007563AB

Back