• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle Question

GrapeApe

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a d30/8.8 combo under my jeep. The front has lock rite and chromo shafts, the rear has full spool and chromo shafts. Both are geared to 4.88. I have a hp HD44 and a d60with disc's, and 4.10 gears sitting in my garage. The 44/60 is not bolt in yet. I am running 35's right now and really dont see going bigger. My big reason not to like the d30/8.8 set up is the spool. But i dont want to spend another grand to buy and have a Detroit installed....What to do?

ditch the 44/60, ditch the spool, and put in a selectable locker.

or if you have the time to devote to it, over build the axles and run the jeep until they are ready to go in. then sell the combo to recover some costs. 44/60 should last longer than the jeep on 35s.

also you will still need to buy lockers for the 44/60 and gears and new rims, think your best route is your going to stick with 35s is just upgrade selectable locker in the 8.8

Back