• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire selection for this winter

BrokenSockets

NAXJA Forum User
96XJ 4L 4x4 Auto 3" lift 31x10.5 Procomps

I have some vouchers for a good discount on any model Michelin tires and have a set of spare 15" TJ rims.

The XJ will not be going off road over this winter, so I am looking for the best snow and ice tire for on the road.

Should I go P metric or LT to start with, and does anyone have experience with the various Michelin choices?

Last edited:
Should I go P metric or LT to start with, and does anyone have experience with the various Michelin choices?

I had Michelin LTX-M/Ses on my current XJ when it was still stock; it was surprising how good their performance was across the board for such a non-aggressive tyre. They didn't see a lot of snow use, but did well in what snow they were used in. Recommended.

X-Ice it is - maximum ice performance and they work with my vouchers

That is a Great Tire you will love them!!!! The LTX M/S is a great all season tire and works well in the snow for sure but a TRUE snow tire will be better for sure! The X-Ice is a great tire and has been around for years! Amazing on ics good in slush but could be a bit better in deep snow. If your not off roading you will love them for sure!

I'd also go with a 30x9.5". Tires that aren't as wide do better in the snow and ice. Wider tires tend to "float" on top of the snow and slide very easily. My friend upgraded from 245/75/R16s to 265/75/R16s. Same kind of tire, and thats the first thing he noticed in winter.

Back