• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ No lowbeams, inside column?

FoxRacer677

NAXJA Forum User
so heres the deal 94 XJ I6 NO airbag tilt wheel

No low beam headlights, and the high beam clicker wont "click" and leave them on unless the key is clicked back toward me in the acc position, but as soon as i turn the key they turn off. If i hold the high beam flasher back the passenger side will come on brightley, the driver side dim. mess with the steering column up/down and it got brighter but still no low beam. I have replaced the dimmer switch down low but that didnt work. Could it be inside the column itself like a pinched wire? i know the lights/bulbs are good.

Is there any "slop" in the tilt mechanism? One of the first things to go when the tilt get sloppy is the ability to maintain the semi-positive connection between the turn signal stalk and the dimmer switch.

Agree with Shorty.

BTW, that "slop" can come on suddenly, like not there one day and bad the next, at least that's how it was on mine.

I just repaired the bolts in my tilm mechanism, eveything went back together and worked for over a month, now I'm stick on lowbeams :flamemad: . I have a grant wheel with the remoavable anti theft hub, so Im not going back into unless something serious is wrong. Ordered and installing a floor dimmer switch

Back