• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEWBIE WHO WOULD LIKE OLD TMER ADVICE

PAUL ANDRE

NAXJA Forum User
OK oldtimers. I have have purchased a 94 xj 2door 5speed with a 8.25 rearend low miles 69k for $700 . I have the following parts for ( free )matching 8.25/dana 30 and rear drive shaft from 95 5speed 4x4. also( free ) How difficult wil it be to convert to 4x4? I guess I need front drive shaft and T-case . Any advice would be great . thanks!

it doesnt take an old timer to know that you'll also need a matching 4x4 trans and a shifter linkage for the transcase.

it's about as hard as swapping a trans, and r/ring everything else. not very. but you'll be amazed at all the little stuff.

I know with the aw4, you have to switch the transmission as well due to the output shaft length. Don't know if that applies to the ax15.

I'd just swap everything: t-case, tranny, front axle, drive shafts. You'll need to probably swap consoles (if equipped) in order to get the t case shifter in, which means you'll also probably have to cut a hole in the floor.

OK oldtimers. I have have purchased a 94 xj 2door 5speed with a 8.25 rearend low miles 69k for $700 . I have the following parts for ( free )matching 8.25/dana 30 and rear drive shaft from 95 5speed 4x4. also( free ) How difficult wil it be to convert to 4x4? I guess I need front drive shaft and T-case . Any advice would be great . thanks!

hi ive just bought a 92 2 door 2wd cherokee and have the same probs as you! i have a dana 30 front axle and a ax15 with a np231 (i think it is) trans. it dont look to big a job to swap over , but would be intrested in how you get on with yours.

Back