• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you like the look of cut/fold rear quarters?

if you have a bumper that wraps around the corner i think it looks good. but unlike mine its ugly, cut n fold-no bomper-shackle relocation brks.

For me it wasn't about whether I liked the look, I just needed the clearance. And of course, I still hit the bottom of the cut and folded part on rocks. Chop it off and get a bumper that wraps around to protect it. I'll doing that as soon as possible.

I like my cut n fold
IMG_20100821_120455.jpg

i'm not a fan.

imo it works if you have a wraparound bumper though

Do to rock crawling, I was mangling my rear quarters and had no choice but to cut them out, exactly like the pic posted above by rweaver138. I like the way they look and gives me much more clearance on the trails!

I agree.... The wrap around bumper does help the looks. I like the thought of more clearance. I haven't bent them up yet, but the stock bumper has taken a beating.

I like it if it is cut and folded at the upper body line. Not where you have a lip sticking out.

l_7ffe326b2af54adab29a89a612c85244.jpg

I was also going to build a wrap around bumper but never got to it.

Does really good on the road, hills and on the rocks too...

Guess you guys dont know how a buggy spring works, nor ever seen one?

I call it a 3/4 elliptical but that's just me.

Never seen one work in person though so I have no idea.

Yea, technical term. Buggy leaf just sounds cooler I guess. Rolls off the tongue easier. lol

Anyways, back on topic. :twak:

I would agree with saying. It is all up to you. YOUR jeep, not ours. Do YOU like the look of it?

Yea, technical term. Buggy leaf just sounds cooler I guess. Rolls off the tongue easier. lol

Anyways, back on topic. :twak:

I would agree with saying. It is all up to you. YOUR jeep, not ours. Do YOU like the look of it?
I was under the impression that a buggy leaf is only connected to the vehicle at one end, thus allowing loads of droop, but required control arms to control the axle.

Back