• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Rear Tire Carrier w/ Factory Bumper

JCKustoms

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished my rear tire carrier (holding my 31x10.5). Mostly made of 1.75 x .120" tubing. I also had to beef up the stock bumper a lot to compensate for the extra weight. It worked out great...All for less than $75! :shhh:

photo25.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo36.jpg

That is SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!! That would be PERFECT for my needs!!! Would you be willing to make another for a profit? If so, how much would ya charge? What size tire do ya think it can hold without being too much??

Other than the hinge looking a little inadequate to hold the tire at full swing, I like it A LOT! Very simple and clean. Looks factory.

Looks good but I agree about the spindle. My spindle looks to be about 3x that size.

We need pics of what's under those end caps.

yeah i dig this too. i love how close to what should have been factory it looks like. modded but looking factory is my favorite way to do something if possible

it looks good i would like to see pics of how you beefed up the mounts too

Other than the hinge looking a little inadequate to hold the tire at full swing, I like it A LOT! Very simple and clean. Looks factory.

I used a piece of 2.25" x .375" DOM with a 1.25" shaft. It has a bronze bushing pressed in as well as a bronze washer between the mount and the carrier. PLENTY strong enough... as long as you don't carry a 39" bogger or something... :D

I'm sorry, I wasn't very specific in my statement. It sounds like the hinge itself is strong but what about the section where the carrier mounts to the shaft. Will that be able to hold? I'm not well versed on strength or shear strength on the materials used. That thing could be strong enough to mount a full set of tires on and have strength to spare and I wouldn't know it. LOL I still like the fit and finish of the whole thing. I'd love to see the sub-structure.

Back