• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

child seat mounts

xjwisconsin

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a thread a while back about some type of child seat lock down ( a D ring of sorts) that was mounted in the bed. Anybody use it? have one? picts would be appreciated. My daughter should be here soon and I want to get the jeep ready for her.:yelclap:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=930079

There's a picture near the end of that thread.

Here's a cut and paste from the TSB (technical service bulletin):

TSB#
23-029-08
DISCUSSION:
User-ready child restraint tether strap anchors will be provided in passenger cars in the
2000 Model Year, and in light trucks in the 2001 Model Year and later. Tether straps
improve the performance of child restraints in collisions. Because of the publicity that has
accompanied the "Fit for a Kid" Program, owners of earlier products are expected to
approach dealers for the free provision and installation of the anchor hardware.

Chrysler is offering child seat tether anchors for the selected vehicles listed above. Each
tether anchor is packaged in a kit containing all necessary parts and a detailed instruction
sheet.
NOTE: This bulletin is provided to identify the parts and labor operation numbers
necessary to install a Child Seat Tether Anchor. Each dealer is encouraged to
install these kits based on customer request and Chrysler will reimburse any
Chrysler / Dodge / or Jeep dealer installing these kits regardless of vehicle
age or mileage.
23-029-08 -2-
PARTS REQUIRED:
BODY MODEL YEAR CENTER OUTBOARD
XJ Jeep Cherokee 89 - 99 NA 05003422AB
2000 NA 05066385AA
ZJ Jeep Grand Cherokee/Grand
Wagoneer
93 - 98 04728952AB NA
23-029-08 -4-
POLICY:
Customer Satisfaction, Reimbursable regardless of mileage or age.
TIME ALLOWANCE:
Labor Operation
No:
Description Vehicle/Year Allowance
23-13-12-90 Anchor, Child Seat Tether
You should be able to get this from your local dealership. I know that at one time, Chrysler was giving the kits away. You might call Chrysler customer service with the TSB# and see if they'll give you one for free. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. :D
Good luck.

Awesome. I never knew what those D links were for. Thanks for posting that link MT Mike. I will make sure to set this up.

What year is yours? My 2001 has anchors in the ceiling for a car seat, between the hatch and the speaker bar.

Ive got a 99. Id be interested to know how the roof mounts on your 2001 are mounted. it would be alot less of a pain to run the straps up to the ceiling.

Back