• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any tips on installing Painless H4 harness?

jstaples

NAXJA Forum User
I've purchased a Painless PRF-30815 H4 headlight conversion harness. Any tips on installing the harness in a 1996 Jeep Cherokee? I'd like to know where others have mounted the relays, run the wires to the headlights, and connected the positive/negative wires.

The enclosed instructions are pretty generic. I'm looking for specific tips. Especially if someone has come up with an interesting alternative way of doing any part of the installation. I'm sure many people have done this and not everyone has done it the exact same way.

I started the installation today. Only problem is that there isn't much room behind the headlight for the new connector. I'm wondering whether I can find a connector that has a lower profile or has the wires coming out at a 90 degree angle. Alternatively, whether I should drill a hole behind the headlight and bring the cable in straight from behind. Anyone have a similar problem and can recommend a solution.

Back