• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front driveshaft question??

nismo5

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought a front driveshaft of some kid for $20 took it all apart to change u joints and noticed theres a hole in it right in the axle end of it and when you compress the shaft grease squirts out of it :huh:im sure its not supposed to be that way just wanna make sure

maybe there is supposed to be a plug that fell out ?? or did some dumba$$ drill a hole in it ??

can i just put a tackweld on it to keep the grease in ??
thanks

IMG00250-20101007-1233.jpg

The hole is supposed to be there. It lets excess grease squirt out when the shaft is compressed. Just fill er up with grease after it's installed and if you put too much then whatever is too much will come out. Otherwise the driveshaft would explode

thank you yeah i kinda thought about that after i posted lol otherwise it would have too much pressure to compress it just seemed like alot o grease was pumpin out but i was doin it by hand and just got worried sometimes i get ahead of my self

thanks again appreciate it

yup its normal

Back