• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil/Strut Spring Compressors

If your putting in 3in or smaller coils then you don't need a compressor.Jack up one side as far as it will go and pull the coil out and slide new one in.Same with other side.I have done several 3in lifts and have never used a compressor.

I've never had to use them on my XJ. Even when i put 5.5 RE coils on it. Put the jack stands under uni body. Disconnect sway bars and shocks and let the front fully droop. Have a buddy put his foot on the rotor and push down. The springs should pop right in or out. Watch the brake lines though. If there still stock you may have to disconnect those and re bleed.

Harbor freight has them for 10$/pair ! Dont give your money to vatozone.

They are only 10$ so if you need them again you have them. And besides theres a 20% HF coupon.

I just installed 8" lift coils and only used the spring compressors to shorten them up a couple inches. This was plenty enough for me to easily install them. Of course when I dropped the axle I was limited by my brake lines so I just removed the caliper, much easier than disconnecting a line and re-bleeding.

The HF ones are terrible, IMO. I'd rent the ones from Auto Zone or Advance.

I second that...the harbor freight ones let loose one time and nearly got me in the head...and I was being very careful. Go for the "strut compressors" at autozone. Used them multiple times on multiple springs and never had a problem and haven't noticed any integrity issues of the spings after using them.

Back