• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

explorer disks on to 8.25 chry.

Rainman

NAXJA Forum User
OK before I get jumped on I have looked... lots of info on putting explorer disks on to d44s, lots of info on putting zj disks on to 8.25's, we never got crown vics here so that is a non starter.
Nothing on putting explorer disks on to 8.25s.
The reason I ask is that:
1) I'm in Australia, zj parts are stupid expensive.
2)the ea ford falcon disk swap involves custom fabrication of a spacer.
3) Just putting the whole 8.8 axle is illegal here
4)Most importantly there are 3 explorers with disks at my local wreckers.
Specifically I am after a write up with some photos, and weather or not some kind of spacer is required. grinding out the center hole a bit and re drilling the backing plate to fit the 8.25 housing stud pattern doesn't worrie me.
Hoping someone can help.

Last edited:
I don't know if it will help ( in a round about way) but Haleyes put CV disc on an 8.8. I put them on an 8.25. Neither of us needed a spacer. Logic tells me a spacer shouldn't be needed to put 8.8 disc on an 8.25. JIM.

Never seen a spacer used for any of the disc swaps. You should be good with the drilling and grinding. I plan on doing the same thing sometime soon. Guess you could use crown vic or explorer brakes.

Back