• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Difference betwen "normal" duty and HD OEM springs

word2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2001XJ with the stock suspension setup. I've noticed that the stock leaf springs have sagged since new. I have checked out a few websites and they mention HD and normal duty springs. I looked at the window sticker that came on it and it says mine came with a normal duty suspension.

Anyway, here's the question....what is the difference between the HD and normal duty suspension (mainly talking about the leaf springs)? Is there a ride height difference or are they just stiffer springs?

Thanks for any input!

they are probably just heavy duty stiffer springs. Probably an option on some xj's with a tow package... not for sure just a guess.

What websites ?

Quadratec HD springs give about +1" of lift over stock and are equivalent to the Jeep UpCountry +1" springs, and are probably slightly stiffer.

What websites ?

Quadratec HD springs give about +1" of lift over stock and are equivalent to the Jeep UpCountry +1" springs, and are probably slightly stiffer.

Something I'll add to this: having had both the stock and Up-Country springs at different times, I *much* preferred the ride and handling of the Up-Country ones. Did better with towing and handling large cargo loads, too. Strongly recommended if you're staying stock with your replacements.

Back