• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4 point harnes

jons93xj

NAXJA Forum User
hi all. i would like to know if i could put a 4 point seat belt harnes in my xj
using the factory seats
thanks.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: It's not that simple, and the seat isn't the hangup. The belts don't have to run through the seat to safely hold you in place. the problem is the shoulder harness mounts. If you have a cage, you have a place to put the shoulder belts. Otherwise you're kind of screwed.

The factory belt is a 3pt for a reason. There's no structure to mount the other shoulder belt to. You can mount an aftermarket belt to the factory floor mounts, and the outside belt to the B-pillar mount, but the inside belt has no place to go. The roof won't work.

Actually, you can (sort of) get there from here.

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/ofsebe.html

Check out the "floor mount" 4-point harness. Yeah, it only mounts in three places, but it works great for locking you into the seat. If you decide to get one, you will need to make or purchase a floor reinforcement plate, which they offer on the website.

Using their 4-point floor mount harness has allowed me and my bad back to keep offroading. With out the harness my back would be killing me after a maximum of 2 hours. Now, with the harness, I can stay out all day and go again the next day instead of being crippled for a week.

I have the number 50521.

Back