• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oct Photo Assignment...

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Your rig and Fall Colors.

The title speaks for itself. I want to see your Jeep (or other adventure vehicle...Mt Bike, Kayak...whatever) and fall colors.

Must be taken this year in October.

first October sunset on my street, shot with the camera phone
62972_1296442790884_1824794664_569478_117487_n.jpg

wheres your XJ? you still have 8 more days to get a shot with it in the picture lol.

I no longer have an XJ but all of those photos were shot through the windows of my WJ. Look closely and you'll see bug splats on the windshield. Does that count? :D Ryan didn't specify what kind of Jeep... but he did mention kayaks. If I did not have to be at work by 9am this morning I would have been paddling to the Balloon Fiesta with these people:
orig.jpg

Look closely for the cloud of balloons in the distance. It's been too hot for our cottonwoods to start changing colors, normally they would not be so green this time of year.

Yeah, already mentioned the dirty windshield. :)

Today's trip to the Balloon Fiesta was via my mtb that has been converted to commuter. My wife stayed home but got to see plenty as the wind was blowing our direction today.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Did I mention that I left my house at 6:30 and was on the field before the first wave of the mass ascension launched at 7? At 6 bucks this is cheap, easy entertainment. It is a big part of the reason that I have missed the Fall Fling the past couple of years.

Free bike parking
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Balloon interior:
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Coupla balloons that landed at the end of my block
orig.jpg

This last one is just for you, Ryan!
orig.jpg

Last edited:
Took a trip to Colorado this past weekend.

ColoradoFall2010135.jpg

ColoradoFall2010127.jpg

Theres not much color left the rain over the last week knocked off most of the leaves.
103_1095.jpg

I couldn't decide which photo I liked better so here they are...

OCT6.jpg

OCT9.jpg

Which one is better for the Oct. photo?

Back