• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ox air locker ideas...

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
So I sort of blind ordered the ox air conversion kit blindly online a week ago to ditch my ever so frustrationg cable setup in my front 44. I installed it and it works great but its quite literally a joke how the solenoid sticks out of the cover. That will last maybe one run at the most if I try to avoid that portion of my front end. Before I make a solenoid skid plate I figured I would ask anyone running air to there ox what they did in place of the solenoid and pictures would be awesome
thanks!

Not sure how the air system looks/works but you could build a skid for it like the one I did to protect my cable...
standard.jpg

Wow, that looks like it's just asking to get smashed. I'd imagine it needs to be that big to simulate the pull of the cable. Don't know if you could find something smaller with the same throw. A skid like Jes' just might me the ticket.

M2054216.jpg

Maybe some large diameter, thick walled tubing cut in half and welded to the diff cover would work? Is there a bolt behind the actuator though? Where is your tie rod, otk or utk? Looks like Jes' skid would work well too.

Tie rod is out of the way since I have chevy knuckles and high steer arms. I consider dom welded to the cover but I dont want it looks liek complete crap and Jes's doesnt look have bad.

Back