• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 sending unit

frissora569

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 94 xj and the tank recently started leaking but ive notice its leaking around the sending unit..i cant find the sending unit anywhere other then from jeep themselves for over 250$ anyone have any suggestions for a replacement part.....possibly a little cheaper?

try the junkyard, but most will probably be really rusty. 91-95 are your donor range. Sam's pull-a-part in Worcester generally has a decent stock of XJs.

Is it heavily rusted? If not, you can try replacing the gasket, the gasket and locking ring kit is like ten bucks at the parts store.

try the junkyard, but most will probably be really rusty. 91-95 are your donor range. Sam's pull-a-part in Worcester generally has a decent stock of XJs.

Is it heavily rusted? If not, you can try replacing the gasket, the gasket and locking ring kit is like ten bucks at the parts store.

Definitely take a gander to see if its the gasket/lock ring.

Even if it has a rust hole or crack, you could remove the pump/hoses and have it repaired at most radiator shops.

Not in this neck of the woods... around here a rust hole means the rest isn't far behind! There was a 1/8 thick layer of rust chunks hanging on every surface of my sender assembly, very little metal remaining.

Not in this neck of the woods... around here a rust hole means the rest isn't far behind! There was a 1/8 thick layer of rust chunks hanging on every surface of my sender assembly, very little metal remaining.

Ah yes, the uncivilized neck of the woods!

Was that you that posted up a photo of a cancer riddled MJ sender? That was NASTY!

Nope, that was a guy from florida. Mine was like that on the outside but shiny on the inside.

I pulled a couple at the junkyard a year and a half ago and gave up, wasn't my lucky day and they were all rusted. Ended up retrofitting a 97+ tank and sender, easy to do on a 96 but not earlier years, and the fuel gauge is still screwy.

Ok, remembering a little better now.

Did you get the M54 home?

Back