• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hypothetical Hauling ?

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 92 XJ 4x4 4.0l Laredo w/ 178,000 on the clock. I will be returning to my hometown of Franklin Tn in a few weekends, and was wondering how bad it will hurt my mpg if i stopped through dyersburg, tn and picked up a rough Country 3in series 2 lift. It a little out of my way but is easier than me having to pay for shipping. Does anyone remember the weight of thier rough country lift shipped?

thanks for the help

My RE 3.5 inch with full spring packs was just over a hundred pounds so it shouldn't have a huge affect on your mileage.

When you get back to Franklin, get on the SEC chapter board. Lots of us in the area are really active. I'm just up the street in Brentwood. Have some guys in Nashville, Antioch, Clarksville, Chapel Hill, Murfresboro, Woodbury...

Need help putting that lift on, give a shout out on the SEC board. Guys are willing to help if they have the time available.

Safe travels...

Hold it....I guess it says "returning to" not "moving back to" maybe you are just here for a visit. Either way...safe travels!!

When I am working in the US, I usually carry over 300 lbs of tools and clothes in my XJ while traveling sometimes over 1000 miles to work sites. The only times it have had negative effects on milage is in the hilly country while using 31" tires and 3.54 gears. A 4.0 in reasonably good working order would not know there is a lift kit back there.

On the plus side, you will be traveling on relatively flat ground from KCK to St.Louis MO then South on I-55 through I-155 into Dyersburg. From Dyersburg South on US 412 will get you to I-40 which again is mostly flat all the way pass Nashville. Throw that lift in the back of the XJ and head on home.

Yeah just a visit, had to move cuz GM closed Spring hill and shipped my mom to KC last year and i had to follow. 16 yrs of memories, man i miss that place:tear:

Good to know it wont effect milage tho thanks for the help guts

Back