• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tree Damage. Driveable? Repairable?

BigG

NAXJA Forum User
I seem to be having no end of "fun" with my Jeep. Couple of months ago I get in an accident when someone pulls in front of me. Now a TREE falls on my ROOF!!

Do I need to be worried about the unibody integrity from this, or is it still drivable, right now? Would it be worth repairing or should I start listing parts for sale and look for a push/pull/drag-it-in sale?

PRE_2010-09-28-135536.jpg

PRE_2010-09-28-135445.jpg

PRE_2010-09-28-135422.jpg

Homeowner's ins, and Liability car insurance have both refused coverage already.

Chopping and caging is certainly an option on the table, though I don't have the knowhow and equipment to do it myself. If I can find a modder nearby willing to help with those, I'm more than ready to get my hands dirty on that project.

Acts of Nature fall under Comprehensive coverage, or at least with my insurance company. Guessing you didn't have full coverage on it?

Acts of Nature fall under Comprehensive coverage, or at least with my insurance company. Guessing you didn't have full coverage on it?

Full coverage seems redundant on a $2000 blue book vehicle. Any significant damager would result in "Total Loss." So yeah, Liability only. Easilly saved thousands of dollars in all the years of limited coverage, though.

OK, my main concern was that it may taco on me hitting the wrong bump on the road somewhere. Glad to know it'll hold up. Time to get some clear duct tape!

yup it looks like it would be pretty easy to pound out and replace the glass, just take the headliner out and hammer it as close to ok as you can. may not be perfect or pretty but it will work and wont cost much other then the new window

Time to get the BFH out! hasta

this heep is definitely getting some character. I just wish it was from the trail..

Still have this black eye, though the fender is bent back into shape now..
PRE_2010-07-05-160551.jpg

Full coverage seems redundant on a $2000 blue book vehicle. Any significant damager would result in "Total Loss." So yeah, Liability only. Easilly saved thousands of dollars in all the years of limited coverage, though.
Comp doesn't have anything to do with the value of the vehicle. Comp covers the repair/reimbursement of value for the vehicle should something like that happen. If you hit a dear, your windshield gets busted, or a tree falls on it. Those are the kind of things that would be covered under comp. I carry comp on every vehicle I own. Even my 1989 Ford Taurus that is ready to rust in two. Hell at least I would get a few hundred bucks out of it.

It comes to a point, though, that carrying Comp for $100+, it's not worth it. I haven't carried comp for at least 5 years. It hasn't been until these past 2 months that I have had any issues with where I would make use of having it.

Back