• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake lines - GM, YJ, Dakota?

katuah

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen lots of references and pics to the GM front brake lines, but it's not clear how much you have to do to them to get them to work. Those of you who run them, exactly what did you do to put them on? Grind something, bend something, ...?

I'd rather have the extra line length, and the pics seem to show less metal line near the bottom/axle than the YJ ones (which I like), but if they are gonna be a pain to get on I'll just get the YJ ones, since it appears they will just bolt on.

Also, opinions as to whether to get the Dakota center rear or the YJ center rear line? Again, I've seen at least one write up saying you'd have to do some bending of hard line to get the Dakota line on, but how about the YJ? MadXJ writeup makes me think YJ is easier, but...

('98, lift is an RC 4.5" short arm, Chrysler 8.25 rear)

I did the YJ on my RE3.5" and had a little rubbing issue on the L/F hose at full left turn, quick alignment cured that, fully my faulty installation problem. The front lines do not reach maximum stretch when at full downward articulation and the sway bar disconnected.

mine are off of a 98-2000 chevy 1500, 6" longer than stock (if i'm remembering right) and no modifications needed.

Back