• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 from a TJ

I found a built transfer case from a 99 tj with a 23 spline input, and I'm wondering if it will work on my 98 with the aw4. I've been searching but I haven't found a definite answer.

Nope. The XJ is clocked differently than a TJ or YJ.

Martin

I have heard they will work but will be clocked higher up (better ground clearance) but you will have to give your floor boards some BFH lovin'

I found a built transfer case from a 99 tj with a 23 spline input, and I'm wondering if it will work on my 98 with the aw4. I've been searching but I haven't found a definite answer.

Have you tried the pull a part in Indy? A buddy got me one from there a few days ago.

I have heard they will work but will be clocked higher up (better ground clearance) but you will have to give your floor boards some BFH lovin'

I've heard the same thing.

It will work fine.The clocking is done with the transmission adapter,the t-case's are the same!

It will work fine.The clocking is done with the transmission adapter,the t-case's are the same!

now that you point that out, i remember that from when i was looking for an ax15 to swap in.

selling my np 231 hybrid tcase. Loaded with chevy Heavy Duty wide chain and sprockets, Rugged ridge slip yoke eliminator, fully installed and sealed. 1310 rear CV output yoke. Never ran the sye kit but worked well with factory slip yoke. 2.72 low ratio, 6 pinion planetary, and hd chain, and sye in one package already installed. $450 is firm

That is the description of the case in question, would you guys pay that much for it?

Can't you just redrill the output housing of the transmission to clock is correctly? When I put an AW4 and 242 from an XJ into my TJ, thats what I did to clock them to match the TJ.

Can't you just redrill the output housing of the transmission to clock is correctly? When I put an AW4 and 242 from an XJ into my TJ, thats what I did to clock them to match the TJ.

No reason to do that,its already clocked correctly!

Back