• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air temp sensor location

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
I know its up front and tucked in behind the grill, but since I am just now adding one to the jeep 11 years after it was bought I have a question.

Should the sensor be mounted so its hidden/covered by the bumper on the inside or should it stick up and sit about the center of the bumper between the radiator and grill?

The point is to mount it away from things that will affect the temperature readings. So, try to mount it so its not too close to the radiator, because its hot, and make sure the sensor doesn't touch anything like the bumper. It will conduct heat and throw off your readings. Mine is mounted inside the bumper like you first described. let me know if you want a pic and I'll go snap one.

23a8d714.jpg

That is a Custom 4x4 bumper on the left but the sensor is still in the stock location. Its suspended off the frame a little so its out in the middle. The iPhone pic is the best I can manage at the moment, sorry.

That is a Custom 4x4 bumper on the left but the sensor is still in the stock location. Its suspended off the frame a little so its out in the middle. The iPhone pic is the best I can manage at the moment, sorry.

Thank you. Just what I needed. I'm all set.

Back