• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" RE and which trackbar?

49erRider

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,

Throwing a 3.5" RE lift on the jeep and not sure which trackbar I want to go with.

Thinking either the:

IRO

or

Iron Man 4x4

With the IRO is it worth it to go to the double shear? And is the Iron Man already a double shear?

Thanks,

Brad

well.

how do you plan on using the jeep?

most street driven and mildly wheeled rigs are fine with a single shear setup.

but a double shear setup is the only setup others will run.

in my opinion the rockkrawler trackbar and bracket is the best trackbar value available.

Go with the IronMan heavy-duty track bar (with the brace and bracket - not the single-to-double shear conversion) if you can foot the bill:

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/Jeep_XJ_Track_Bars/XJ_TRK_SYS.html

Andy is the man (owner/fabricator of IronMan) - I'll eventually be buying this setup to replace my RE1600.

Otherwise, for something cheaper, the RE1600 is a great track bar... Just be ready to shell out some money on 5/8" drill bits, as I bent 3 while drilling out the factory track bar bracket. Try to buy 2 or 3 bits to avoid any trips back to Lowe's/Home Depot and return the ones you don't bend when you're done. If you're lucky, they'll even swap out the bent ones (but that depends on the person at the customer service counter - drill bits are not warrantied, but I exchanged 3 without an issue).

Depends on your budget and 4wheeling style. I would go straight to double shear and skip the RE1600.

The IRO double shear is very strong and well made. I like mine. It likes Moab.

Go with th RE HD trackbar/bracket and then get the optional brace.The brace is a major asset in beefing up the front suspension/steering and preventing framerail stress cracking.

The IRO trac bar with the double shear bracket is bomb proof,if you want a brace also Ironamn makes a complete double shear trac bar set up with a brace incorporated into the system and he uses 1.25 CRS solid steel as does IRO.

I would say go for the ironman4x4fab with brace or the KOR setup

Ask Tim about the IRO single shear. He has been having a lot of problems with the TRE. Andy builds great stuff, and he is only a couple hours drive away from you.

Back