• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about spacers and BPE on already lifted xj

texasxjcruiser

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99' XJ on a 4" procomp lift. I've been looking at the Rocky Road budget lift so I can get some bigger tires under my jeep. I'm interested in the 2" budget lift. It includes: 2" coil spacers for front and shackles for the rear. It also comes with BPE ( bar pin eliminators). Will I be able to install this kit directly onto my xj or will I need to modify/change other parts? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Rocky Road claims their budget boost can be used without new shocks by installing the BPE's. Keep in mind however that they only extend your shock length 1.25" while their lift is 2". If your shocks are nearly maxed out at full droop already, the extra 3/4" may cause them to limit your travel.

The other thing to think about is that the chances are pretty good that your ProComp 4" lift uses lift shackles to provide some of the lift height in the rear. The Rocky Road lift also uses lift shackles in conjunction with a small block. You obviously can't use both sets of shackles so you're either going to be missing out on the 1.5" the Rocky Roads provide, or whatever height your ProComps are currently providing. If your ProComp lift used the factory shackles, you can disregard this statement.

The rest of it is going to depend on how complete your current lift is. Going from 4" to 6" may also require you to address steering, bump stops, pinion angles, drop brackets, track bar length, etc...

Back