• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring clamps rattle

RadioShackSpecial

NAXJA Forum User
When I built my bastard pack I used the cheap-o leaf spring clamps that RE sends with their AAL kit's. They look like this...

59659-md.jpg

After a few wheeling trips they have worked loose and love to rattle. Wondering if something like these would be a good or bad idea? Or if there is a better fix to this?

mrg-1293_m.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MRG-1293/.

96 XJ, Aw4, np231, d30, d44.

The best fix would be a rivet/weld-on "open" style like most of the better leaf packs have.

Look on BDS suspenions web site the carry the open style. that is where i bought mine when i did my bastard packs.they allow the packs to flex, the style you have on now do not.

If you don't buy em from BDS make them, all you need is a drill press, angle grinder, vice, BFH, and some metal stock from lowes/home depot to do a real clean job.

Say for instance i was to make myown clamps, rocklizard style.... Is there a way i could have a bolt going into the bottom of the spring like a factory clamp, or the ones on my Rusty's springs on my rig ?(clamps for my wife's rig)

EDIT: Let me rephrase, What size and thread pitch bolt goes into the bottom of the leafsprings through the leaf clamp?

Last edited:
no, the stay" bolt in the bottom of the claps

Back