• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid AUX fan

D.I.T.A

NAXJA Forum User
My A/C and AUX fan havent worked since some asses wired my AUX fan up to my horn so every time the fan went on the horn went off my relays are good and my fuses are too. Anything you guys think think im overlooking or missed would be appreciated
-Nick

Be glad I was too wrecked to take part in that prank... you'd never find the added wires :D

I bet there is a wire leading from the horn on the driver side (or the green/black wire going to it) to one of the terminals in the fan connector under the radiator fill cap, sounds like the fan isn't plugged into the connector on the harness, see if you can find it and plug it back in. If you can't, the ground wire is black and the fan drive wire is blue with a black stripe if I recall correctly, they should be 10 or 12 gauge wire.

the thing is i checked all the connections and there all good but the other thing i forgot to add is my A/C isnt working either the clutch wont engage. i know the switch inside of the truck is good cause I'll turn the ac on and i can hear the comp bump the idle up but no fan and ac. the other thing did you guys have to cut my effing wire and put a butt connector in i love pranks but when you gotta cut wires to do it its going a bit far

They cut wires? That's not exactly cool :nono: :(

I'm not gonna be at rocktoberfest due to a business trip but next time I'm down there I can take a look at it if you don't figure it out by then.

Don't black out at a NAC event

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I was too drunk to remembered how exactly I wired it, but the fan is still plugged in and everything. There was a jumper wire from the (+) side feed for the fan to the horn wire. Both systems were still worked fine afterwards, just the horn would also turn on. It sounds like theres an open circuit on the fan wiring so that it wont come on and as a result the AC wont work since the fan wont cycle.

That doesn't line up... the fan is driven by a relay and the ECU can't tell whether it's there or not. The AC should kick in regardless, so either something upstream of the relays got hosed up or you ran low on freon/something else happened at around the same time as the prank.

the other thing did you guys have to cut my effing wire and put a butt connector in i love pranks but when you gotta cut wires to do it its going a bit far

:doh: I think I wanted to use one of those connectors thats supposed to clip into an existing wire, but a butt connector and a flash light was all I was provided.

Back