• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Swap = Oil leak

nosdujshsdl

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished swapping out my 4.0 for another that had less thank 60K miles on it. I replaced the valve cover, oil filter adapter, and rear main seals. I also put on a new oil pressure regulator. I have a small oil leak after I shut down the jeep, when its hot. Any ideas where else I should look.

I'll assume you replaced the oil pressure sending unit (as opposed to regulator-- that's part of the pump). Clean everything off again, and run her for about ten minutes-- then inspect for fresh oil.

If new stuff isn't leaking at all, I'd make sure the distributor has a good gasket on it and the timing cover seal isn't leaking.

Yeah the sending unit, I plan to wash it up tonight and start checking for leaks. Thanks for the advice.

Don't get real enthusiastic with water around the TPS on the throttle body. It won't like it.

I use a mix of 50/50 Simple Green and tap water, mix it in a pump up garden sprayer and then coat the engine areas where you want to clean. Wait 15 minutes, then hose off.

Back