• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anybody have Gen Rights new gastank?? (or PS pulley)

austinaubinoe

NAXJA Forum User
think the gas tank might me my next major purchase. Right now my stock tank is kinda pushed up all the way to the rear floor. not that noticeable inside, but the 2 rear drain plugs popped out. its also pretty scrapped up.

So its either like $250 for a skid or $800 for a whole new tank and skid.

Also, Im planning for a hydraulic winch. Im gonna throw in a V8 WJ pump, do you think gen rights 10% overdrive pulley would be worthwhile?

Thanks.

well I was first planning on a used grand cherokee pump, but would this be a reliable choice? I new AC Delco pump from Rock Auto Is $150, and with the overdrive pulley my total is $250.

Or I could buy PSC's kit for $415. Includes there pump, reservoir, and 4.5" pulley.
http://www.pscmotorsports.com/-PK1652-95-06-4.0-Jeep-high-volume-pump-kit.html

In the past I have had no problems turning my tires with the stock pump, but now my stock power steering box is kinda shot. Already decided to go the YJ constant ratio route, just want to make sure I have a pump that can handle a hydro winch.

yeah! its 5 extra gallons.... so 25. Its friggen awesome!

GST3003_md.jpg

GST3003_inVech_xl.jpg

BTW, these are from Gen Right's site.

yes its right on there site, $100 off right now. Im debating whether to buy the tank or a 1992 briarwood LOL

I have the PS pulley for my hydro assist... it was installed at the same time as my hydro assist so I can not comment on it vs. stock... turning 37's was groovy with my stock pump and PS cooler

oh and it is supposed to cool with the fins... it does move some air and I have never had an issue with the coolant bubbling or anything... plus it is pretty damn sexy

I think it would be a viable option for 100 bucks in your situation

Yeah I think it looks sweet! PSC has a cheaper option, but it doesn't look much different then stock.

At first glance that tank seems pretty expensive, but with the included skid plate, and $100 off, it is quite reasonable.

I am, however, blessed with a metal tank that I can mod to 25 gallons for about $15.

yeah the only reason im considering it is because I need the skid.

Back