• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO Long Arm + Engine/Tranny Skid?

TurtleBoyPW5

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I have a IRO 5.5" long arm kit on my 00 XJ and I was wondering if anyone has had any success with mounting up a engine tranny skid? I have one from before the kit was installed that used the control arm mounts but it will interfer with the long arms now. Anyone create a mounting platform that works for them with the IRO long arms or know of a skid that is compatable?

Thanks!:eeks1:

I like the lift, Ive had it for about 9 months. No major sagging at all, it has settled and leveled out very nicely. I am running 33x10.5r15 on stock rims without any trimming. When I purchased the lift my main mistake was having a local shop install. I was still in college at the time so I couldnt do it myself. They messed a few things up like putting one of the subframe bolts in backwards so that it was impossible to remove it cause it would hit the tcase. That and they installed the quick disconnects with the sway bar all the way up. Well my sway bar mounts are now FUBAR bent.

Only complaint on the lift is that IRO sent me a mismatched leaf spring which had been drilled wrong causing one side of the axle to sit farther back. They sent me a new one and all was well. They wanted the old one back, but hell if I am paying to ship back their mistake.:twak:

My guess would be no. I have the IRO long arm kit and a skid that I had for the tcase alread didnt fit back on. IRO said they may be making some, but they felt they were not needed. I can agree they they are not needed if you drive the right line.

My guess would be no. I have the IRO long arm kit and a skid that I had for the tcase alread didnt fit back on. IRO said they may be making some, but they felt they were not needed. I can agree they they are not needed if you drive the right line.

wait... iro said that t-case skids are not needed?

I got a email back saying most engine tranny skids will work with their system with some customization and they have no plans on making any. I call BS cause all the engine tranny skids i have seen use the stock lower control arm mounts and if you bolt anything to those they will hit the long arms when they travel upward, heck they still rub the stock mounts a little bit right now with nothing attached!

Back