• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody put a late model XJ Power Steering Pump on a Renix?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody put a late model XJ Power Steering Pump on a Renix? What did you do for mounting? I am actually looking for more volume for my hydro assist and the 2001 Grand Cherokee 4.7L pump which is the same mounting as the newer pump is a good candidate.

I have one on my Renix it bolts right up to my 99+ intake. I don't know if that's helpful for you though.

It appears from searching that they can be mounted up with a minimum of hassle without swapping the intakes. It would be nice if the reservoirs can be swapped.

It appears from searching that they can be mounted up with a minimum of hassle without swapping the intakes. It would be nice if the reservoirs can be swapped.

Did you give up on the remote reservoir idea?

Swap the intake and the pump itll be worth it all the way around I did it on my 95 and Im happy with it..

themud

I am getting ready to do a writeup on what I have found. I am using a 2001 WJ pump and reservoir. I do not need to swap the intake. All in all it is fairly easy. I wish I had a stock pump that I didn't have to give back, because it looks like even the reservoirs can be swapped. I am looking at using the extra "return" port and hooking it to a remote reservoir.

I am getting ready to do a writeup on what I have found. I am using a 2001 WJ pump and reservoir. I do not need to swap the intake. All in all it is fairly easy. I wish I had a stock pump that I didn't have to give back, because it looks like even the reservoirs can be swapped. I am looking at using the extra "return" port and hooking it to a remote reservoir.

start writing-- I'm getten' the tell-tale whine from my pump and don't have much time to wait for you to do all the work to tell me what to do!!:D

WJ pump is what I'll be using when I get around to it.

i know that the resevoirs off of the small block chevy pumps from KRC will fit a stock 96^ pump, but thats about it.

I'm corn-fused, what else is new...

Are you looking for more pump volume, or reserve volume? Or both?

I added a cheap cooler to mine, and about doubled the capacity from a pint to a quart.

If that's what you're looking for...

Robert

I did this swap, intake and all. and i am having a hard time finding 3/4" oil hose for the return. i am currently running coolant hose but it only lasts two trips... if that. ide like to know where to get some actual oil hose. ive been to the semi outfitters and all they have is coolant line in my diameter...

I'm corn-fused, what else is new...

Are you looking for more pump volume, or reserve volume? Or both?

I added a cheap cooler to mine, and about doubled the capacity from a pint to a quart.

If that's what you're looking for...

Robert

I'm looking for more flow. I have a tapped Dakota box and a ram. Due to the difference in volume when the ram extends and retracts, a larger reservoir would be nice as well.

I'm looking for more flow. I have a tapped Dakota box and a ram. Due to the difference in volume when the ram extends and retracts, a larger reservoir would be nice as well.
http://www.krcpower.com/catalog_i7535444.html?catId=353760 this will bolt up to the later model stuff for sure and i believe the early models also, and has the option to have remote resevoir added. even comes with the smaller pulley for low rpm turning

Its a bit rich for my tastes.

Back