• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's this connector used for?

scott00tj

NAXJA Forum User
What is the purpose of this connector? It's located between the fender and the fuse box. It's plugged with the "dummy" connector also in the picture.

The plug has three wires going into it. White/Orange, White/Green, and Green/Orange.

Any ideas?

whatplug800x600.jpg

I want to say that is the cruise control servo connector but I'm honestly not sure.

If I'm right it plugs into an extension cable that plugs into the servo.

... checking fsm for pinout, will update

EDIT: my '99 FSM shows a connector that looks a lot like that, it's the cruise control servo connector. Pin 1 should be tan/red, pin 2 light green/red, pin 3 dark blue/red, and pin 4 black.

Other similar connectors: C108, pin1 brown, pin2 dark green / orange, pin3 dark green, pin4 dark blue / black
C332, pin1 tan/light blue, pin2 black/dark green, pin3 black/orange, pin4 black
evap leak detection pump, pin1 empty, pin2 white, pin3 white/dark green, pin4 orange

Last edited:
Just guessing, since no year, engine size, etc. was posted. May be the OBDII connector.
guarantee you are incorrect. OBD II connector is standardized in location under the driver side dash and is keystone shaped... that is more like an OBD I connector, but definitely not that either.

C108 should be near the battery (sounds about right), C332 should be at the drivers seat (so it's probably not that), leak detection pump will be near the rear of the engine compartment on the passenger side.

EDIT: my '99 FSM shows a connector that looks a lot like that, it's the cruise control servo connector. Pin 1 should be tan/red, pin 2 light green/red, pin 3 dark blue/red, and pin 4 black.

That connector matches the one I have that's connected to my cruise control servo. So we have ruled out that as a possibility.

hmmmm... funky!

It's closest to the LDP connector's color codes... but has extra stripes. Mind checking if the cable to the LDP is plugged in? Though I would expect to see a CEL with that unplugged.

sorry - leak detection pump. It's a black module with some evap system hoses and crap leading to it, should be at the extreme rear corner of the engine compartment on the passenger side.

sorry - leak detection pump. It's a black module with some evap system hoses and crap leading to it, should be at the extreme rear corner of the engine compartment on the passenger side.

It would seem so. It just has 1 plug going into it with two wires, white and pink/black.

That's the evap purge solenoid, not the leak detection pump. Check further toward the fender and firewall, it's almost buried behind the shock tower iirc.

EDIT: checked my 98 and I have white/green, white/orange, and white in no particular order.

Last edited:
interesting, you do not appear to have one. It would be located to the left of (and below) where the aluminum A/C line is bolted to the black fitting on top of the black cylinder.

My bet is that the plug you have there would go to it if your vehicle was equipped with an LDP, but I'm not sure why you don't have one. The parts catalog indicates they were only installed on LHD vehicles with the 2.5 and 4.0... and yours is LHD with the 4.0 from what I can tell.

Back