• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 XJ - New PCM, hesitation at accel

alroosa

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys!

I have a 91 Cheeroke Briarwood, 167K miles, 4WD, 6 Cyl. automatic that I just put a new (well i think it was reman) PCM in to fix a start and die issue...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1041579 (Thanks for help there btw!)

Now it will stay running but when i put it in drive it wont start accelerating until I hit about 1500-1750RPM...It almost feels like the brakes are on but I can roll in reverse or nuetral just fine. After I get it above first gear it runs normal but seems like I need to apply some more pressure on the pedal to get it moving. If its in 1-2 low then it seems to respond well to the throttle but in 3 low its the same as drive...

I touched about every electrical component in the damn thing diagnosing the PCM issue so thinking I could have messed one up. Pulled the IAC and cleaned it to no avail. Transmission fluid is clean and level is fine. No check engine light or flash codes. Checked the voltage on the MAP sensor and it seems good. Vaccum lines in good condition.... I plan on grabbing a fuel pressure tester from autozone tomorrow to make sure everything is good there. Should i have reset the PCM before dropping it in?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Adam

Check your TPS to see if it is within specs.

Adjust the throttle pressure cable.

See if that helps and post up results.

Back