• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wipers no longer work. Bad switch or pinched wire?

lolwut

NAXJA Forum User
92 Cherokee Sport. It's a buddy's vehicle.

When he got it the wipers only worked periodically and when they didn't he could get them to work by tilting the wheel up and down but that no longer works. Do you think this would be a bad switch or maybe a pinched/cut wire in the column? His wipers do have the delay settings and I've been reading wiper related threads on here but have not seen anything with this exact problem.

Are there any tutorials online for replacing this switch on a early 90's cherokee sport? I've done it in GM columns but not a jeep. Process has to be similar, right?

Thanks

Yes, it could be a wire or the switch in the column, or a few other things.

It is a GM column in the early XJs, so you should be right at home.

when you say or a few other things could you please list a couple please? I thought the only thing that was actually in the column for it was the switch itself? Thanks for the reply by the way:)

A few other things as in the wiper motor, the intermittent module, the harness, don't know if the 92 still used a circuit breaker.

Moving the column MIGHT just be coincidental.

On the early XJs you can just unplug the intermittent module and plug the two harnesses together and have Lo-Hi operation to check if the module is part of the problem.

Good luck.

Ok thanks Joe. I've just been assuming since it would work while using tilt that it had to be in the column. The intermittent module is under the dash, correct? Got a picture of it by chance and a round a bout idea of where exactly it's located? Sounds like that would be the easiest thing to try out.

Back