• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WEird 97 Xj problems!

Casey C

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 XJ I bought last year! Fixed the whole thing up with a new rear end and a used transmission. I just recently swapped my stock tires out for Jeep Wrangler Canyons. Since I swaped out the tires I got a Check engine light recently. I got a P0156 code so I replaced the Shift B noid in the tranny. It worked for about another 4k miles and recently came up agian. I then just erased the codes have put a few more miles on it with out any issues. Was it just a bad reading from the PCM or TCM or what the heck happened?

Also when I accelerate sometimes I get this knock noise. Not always but every once in a while. Anyone have any ideas I could test on it?

Casey C said:
I have a 97 XJ I bought last year! Fixed the whole thing up with a new rear end and a used transmission. I just recently swapped my stock tires out for Jeep Wrangler Canyons. Since I swaped out the tires I got a Check engine light recently. I got a P0156 code so I replaced the Shift B noid in the tranny. It worked for about another 4k miles and recently came up agian. I then just erased the codes have put a few more miles on it with out any issues. Was it just a bad reading from the PCM or TCM or what the heck happened?

Also when I accelerate sometimes I get this knock noise. Not always but every once in a while. Anyone have any ideas I could test on it?

I don't see the tires/wheels having anything to do with it, I swap LT235's on steel spokes for 30's on canyons every so often and never had any CEL come on.

IT is just really weird how the codes just kind of dissapeared. I am not sure exactly what the heck is going on. I guess I thought someone may have run into the same problem.

Back