• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 disc swap lug size

Checked them at napa side by side.. the D44 studs and D30 studs are the same size treadlength wise. The autoparts store guys around here are clueless on this. Anyone else know what studs can be used to get some more thread length? I don't want to put the stock studs back on find they're just short and have to pull the shafts and shiz again.

My local store carried OEM matching studs of various lengths in large bins, so you could pick and choose as needed.
I originally bought longer studs for my disk conversion when I ran wheel spacers. However, they were not needed when I ditched the spacers and went with different wheels.

But...you have to be sure to get studs with the correct knurl diameter. I can't remember what I got. It's something like .5xx or .6xx. Just take along an old stud for reference.

But...you have to be sure to get studs with the correct knurl diameter. I can't remember what I got. It's something like .5xx or .6xx. Just take along an old stud for reference.

Thanks johnny, I have originally tried that (match the original stud with a longer one from another application) and I couldn't get matching knurl diameters.

Anyone know the exact diameter? Sites like Currie's list 10+ different studs for D44s :dunno:

Just checked the spare bolt that is still in the package.
The OD of the knurl is .615 or slightly less than 5/8" and the shoulder of the stud is .597.
The package writing is a little worn, but appears to say 610-140-1 and the specs of the stud are 1/2-20 x 1 13/16".

Charles

Last edited:
Just checked the spare bolt that is still in the package.
The OD of the knurl is .615 or slightly less than 5/8" and the shoulder of the stud is .597.
The package writing is a little worn, but appears to say 610-140-1 and the specs of the stud are 1/2-20 x 1 13/16".

Charles

Thank you!

I also just found an old thread where Tim MN says
"Studs from a Low Pinion XJ/TJ D30 are longer than the High Pinion D30 studs."
That would hopefully explain why the studs I compared were the same size.

Back