• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj disc conversion

tsill

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the disc conversion on my 8.25 but the slugs/bolts that hold the backing plates on are too short. I ended up with a nut and lock tite on half the threads. I would like to replace with longer slugs. I really don't know what they are called. Does anyone know what size they are or should i use a nut bolt and lock washer with lock tite and call it a day?

Wheel studs is the proper term and yes you will need longer ones, how much longer? idk, im sure someone else will chim in.

I don't think he means the wheel studs. He's talking about the bolts that hold the backing plates to the axle flange.

Measure the ones you have and get some bolts that are a little longer.

I don't think he means the wheel studs. He's talking about the bolts that hold the backing plates to the axle flange.

good call, i read it wrong, negate my post.

well actually i do need wheel studs as well... i am talking about the bolts on the backing plates and they have the same kind of splines that wheel studs have. do i need the splines or just get some bolts. only concern is they make the brakes functional and i enjoy being able to brake.

thanks ronbo. that really couldnt explain it any better. love my xj. love this website.

Back