• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unit Bearing replacement

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Could someone explain to me the method of pushing out the unit bearing ,using the socket and extension method .

Replaced the drivers side axle shaft in my(sons) 87,23 years of rust& corrosion had it in pretty tight,put socket on backed out bolt, but could not see or find spot to push against that would yield a straight push.
Got it out by pushing on the bolt in the 12 o,clock position with a nut & bolt and against the inner C.

Thanks,
Wayne

That's effectively it. Turn out the bolt a few threads, and you need to find an extension with the magic length. Have your helper GENTLY turn the steering left & right, you need to find a flat spot on the inner C to brace against.

On really rusted on Hubs, you can rent a Front Wheel Drive hub puller from the local autoparts store for free (Autozone, O'reilly's). I'd only do this if you are replacing the hub, as it would not be good for it.

On really rusted on Hubs, you can rent a Front Wheel Drive hub puller from the local autoparts store for free (Autozone, O'reilly's). I'd only do this if you are replacing the hub, as it would not be good for it.

Yes ,Thats why I wanted to push it out. I could not understand how it got pushed,Nothing would line up to "push" square.

Wayne

Back