• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no turning signals

Both the multifunction switch and the flasher relay seem to have a rep for failing- I would try the flasher first (under $20), and if that doesn't cure it, I would suspect the MFS has died.

relay fixed it!

Just to add to this: my 2000 seems to like to eat a flasher relay about every two years. Usually there's 3 or 4 months of it either getting semi-stuck, activating both rear indicators (typically when signalling a left turn), or both, then total failure.

The indicator stalk works in all positions, so I haven't bothered with replacing that yet, but it could be the actual cause whereas eventual relay failure is just the symptom. Throwing it out there as an FYI.

Just to add to this: my 2000 seems to like to eat a flasher relay about every two years. Usually there's 3 or 4 months of it either getting semi-stuck, activating both rear indicators (typically when signalling a left turn), or both, then total failure.

The indicator stalk works in all positions, so I haven't bothered with replacing that yet, but it could be the actual cause whereas eventual relay failure is just the symptom. Throwing it out there as an FYI.

This is interesting. Think it could be some kind of power feedback cooking it? Any trailer harness hooked up in the back?

glad you were able to get yours fixed, I have a 99 as well. My flasher doesn't seem to be the problem. I have no batt power at the flasher. If I use a jumper wire and put power to the back of the flasher it works fine. I need to find out why it has no power to the flasher. Anybody know if the flasher gets its power through the multifunction switch?

Back