• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oem upper bushings

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
Are the upper bushings on the stock arms the same as the upper bushings on the axle? I'm pretty sure they are but just wanted to double check before ordering some moog bushings from advance. They only list one "upper bushing".

Axle side and frame side UCA bushings are the same. Look into a WJ UCA bushing, its an improved design with a better bolt sleeve and supposed better quailty/designed rubber.

What do you mean by better bolt sleeve? How do you improve a sleeve?

this is for my long arm (radius arms) kit so I need something strong and durable.

What do you mean by better bolt sleeve? How do you improve a sleeve?

Factory XJ UCA sleeves are a flat piece of metal rolled to ~12mm ID with 6 small raised numps inside to keep the 10mm bolt centered.

Factory ZJ UCA sleeves are also a flat piece of metal, but they are rolled to a 10mm ID to fit nicely over the bolt.

Factory WJ UCA sleeves are an actual piece of solid metal tubing that is a precise fit over the bolt.

A cheapo way to upgrade to bigger UCA bolts is to take a stocker XJ bushing and drill out the small numbs to accept a 12mm bolt.

Factory XJ UCA sleeves are a flat piece of metal rolled to ~12mm ID with 6 small raised numps inside to keep the 10mm bolt centered.

Factory ZJ UCA sleeves are also a flat piece of metal, but they are rolled to a 10mm ID to fit nicely over the bolt.

Factory WJ UCA sleeves are an actual piece of solid metal tubing that is a precise fit over the bolt.

A cheapo way to upgrade to bigger UCA bolts is to take a stocker XJ bushing and drill out the small numbs to accept a 12mm bolt.

Interesting info there. Thanks. My LA's came with 10mm bolts but they were flopping around in the bushings, too loose for my likings.

Is there a reason why no one lists WJ bushings? If I can't find any then I'll go with ZJ bushings.

Is there a reason why no one lists WJ bushings? If I can't find any then I'll go with ZJ bushings.

Not many places seem to list it for some reason, but i believe people have found the actual wj one at napa before. Ive gotten mine from Crown Automotive.

Back