• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Sagging on 5.5 IRO LA Kit

talontsi_95

NAXJA Forum User
My 4 month old 5.5" IRO LA kit is sagging in the rear. The kit uses 3.5" (IIRC) springs and the rest of the lift comes from the shackles. Judging by my measurements the rear is sagging about 1". What are my options for leveling it out? From searching I know blocks are typically frowned upon. Are they possibly an option in my case to gain the needed 1" of lift or is there another route I should consider?

Thanks,

Eric

If they are sagging already, I would contact IRO to see what they say.

Did you break the springs in or did you go out and flex with them the day after they were installed? If your springs are sagging right now, adding the block now will trash them even more, in a shorter amount of time.

I'm not familiar with breaking in springs. I drove this kit on the street for 3 months before doing ANY wheeling or flexing. Do manufacturers typically warranty sagging springs?

I would definitely contact IRO. Springs shouldnt sag in 4 months.

If they'll warranty 'em, ask to upgrade the RC springs to Alcans.

Dont.
I have Alcan's and they have sagged in under a year. Alcan has a whole 30 day warranty on leafs....
I will NEVER run anything by them again.
I just wish OME made @4" springs for the XJ. Never had a single issue out of OME stuff....
Martin

Dont.
I just wish OME made @4" springs for the XJ. Never had a single issue out of OME stuff....
Martin

I've been wishing the same. I think I'm going to try running the 3" OME leafs with shackle relocation brackets. That should net about 4" and if I need any more I can run slightly longer shackle.

Might be worth a shot for the original poster too.

hmm, in the first 4 months, the springs will settle. so yes they may "sag". and besides, how long of a shackle are you running to get 5.5" with 3.5" springs?

but look at the bright side. get some HD eng. shackle reloc. boxes and set a perfect shackle angle, and get your ride height back.

hmm, in the first 4 months, the springs will settle. so yes they may "sag". and besides, how long of a shackle are you running to get 5.5" with 3.5" springs?

but look at the bright side. get some HD eng. shackle reloc. boxes and set a perfect shackle angle, and get your ride height back.

I believe the shackles are 1.5" at the outermost hole(yes I know that doesn't equal 5.5" but I swear that was what was in the instructions). What are HD eng. shackle relocation boxes? Do any forum sponsoring vendors have good deals on them?

EDIT: This is copied directly from IRO website regarding the rear 5.5" lift.

[SIZE=-1]REAR END [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
  • 3.5" ultra premium leaf spring packs featuring: military wrapped Berlin eye ends, 6 thin leaf design, tapered ends with teflon anti-friction pads.
  • 1-1.5" lift shackle provides more boost and huge flex gains without adding harshness to your ride.[/SIZE]

Dont.
I have Alcan's and they have sagged in under a year. Alcan has a whole 30 day warranty on leafs....
I will NEVER run anything by them again.
Martin

They made you your leafs to your spec's, or were they from a kit?
I would have a hard time believing a spec'd set sagged, not saying it's not possible, but unlikely. Mine were built to what i had asked for and they were exactly what i wanted and have remained the same for 3 years now.
How much have they sagged?

Did you measure what the actual lift heigth was when you installed the leafs? spec built leafs almost always run above advertised lift heigth as do most coils. what is the actual heigth now that they are broke in?

I would give them a call if you have not yet....they are a small company and more than willing to work with customers to keep them happy....I have never had problems with them in any of my dealing.

I would give them a call if you have not yet....they are a small company and more than willing to work with customers to keep them happy....I have never had problems with them in any of my dealing.

They were are great company to deal with when i bought the kit. I am sure they will take care of it. Just need to find a time when my Jeep can be down because I use it for work. I am sure they will want to inspect the old ones before issuing new ones which will be a problem since it carries all my construction equipment. I may end up doing the HD shackle relocation brackets with shorter shackles and see where that gets me.

They made you your leafs to your spec's, or were they from a kit?
I would have a hard time believing a spec'd set sagged, not saying it's not possible, but unlikely. Mine were built to what i had asked for and they were exactly what i wanted and have remained the same for 3 years now.
How much have they sagged?

One side sagged @1.5". Passenger side at that, so not even the side with most of the weight etc.
Not impressed myself, and with the cost of them I expected a longer warranty period. Their answer is to take photo's of the rig with the sag, then pics of the bump stops, then remove both the springs and take pics of them side by side on level ground. Then if they deem fit, I would send them both leafs at my cost for them to "inspect", still with no guarantee of anything besides shipping costs both ways.
I have no tire carrier or cage etc. neither.
I work out of state and frankly do not have time to screw around with parts that probably will not get replaced FOC. I will however tell folks who ask about my experiences with Alcan. A 30 day warranty on a suspension part that costs more than some "kits" is utterly ridiculous IMHO. I could have been mostly there to linking the rear by the time I bought the leaf springs!
I bought them through BiggO IIRC, and that is what they have passed along.
Call them and ask what their warranty is on leaf springs....But I am happy they are working out for yourself, I just cannot recommend them is all.

Martin

Back