• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie locker question

Search

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched all over, but can't find a definitive answer. Will an Aussie locker from a Chryco 8.25 29 spline KJ Liberty rear work in a 8.25 29 spline XJ rear? The KJ has 3.73 gears, the XJ has 3.55. I'm getting a good deal on a BNIB locker from a guy that never installed it in the KJ before he decided to sell the Jeep.

Any durability and handling issues? My XJ is a 2000 w/ RE BB on 31" BFG ATs that is my DD and gets off road occasionally.

Thanks for any help

Same part # 58229. Does not matter what gears as your only replacing the spider gears. As far as handling goes take it easy on the gas in corners and you will be just fine.

Yes, the 29 spline 8.25 Aussie will fit the KJ, WK, XK, and XJ as long as it has the 8.25 and is not limited slip. And yes, some of the WK and XK have the 8.25 in them if they are Quadra Trac 2. Its a semi floater version of the regular 8.25.

Back