• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 Jeep XJ needs motor ( Good Deal or Not)

jschmidt250

NAXJA Forum User
Newbie....

I am looking to purchase my first jeep. I found a 91 XJ on CL that looks to be in good stock shape. The only problem is that it needs a new motor. They are asking $500. Is this a good deal or should I go for something in the $2k range that is already running???

The problem is that there's no way you can verify the drivetrain works. Are you able to swap out a motor?

Check out the following. Not sure what he means by "self locking hubs" especially his pre-91 comment. But he's desperate which may give you an added discount.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/1941757765.html

do not act interested ,act like that sandwich you had earlier was better than the jeep your looking at throw him a nice huge low number. if he doesnt bite let him call you back and go from there get a good low price and id just go junkyard on it motor and all. you could have a good running jeep for under 1 thousand dollars if you do it right and not to mention get some wrench experience under your belt which is always great !

Back