• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need picture of 97+ non ABS underhood brake lines

xj_mike

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone,

I am doing my lift and swapped in an 8.25 rear end, which takes care of using ABS. I need to pull all the underhood stuff, as you need a special diaganostic tool to purge the ABS pump, if you have bled all the fluid out. Since I can't use the ABS anymore I am going to yank the pump but I need to reroute the lines. I have thought of swapping in factory non-ABS lines or build my own but I would like a clear picture of what is should look like.

Does anyone have some pictures of the master cylinder area, prop valve and hard lines in this area? It would really help things out. I don't know if '96 and earlier is the same system, hence why I wanted pics for a 97+.

Thanks! :D

Well, if they are the same as the '96 and below, then I have access to one.

Thanks for the offer.

I'm traveling in Georgia right now, and it's raining, but I have my cheap digital camera and I'm tapped into a neighbor's wireless network. Give me a little time, and I'll see if I can get a shot of my 99, and get it posted in between dropouts of my stolen bandwidth.

More anon....

Dam. My camera batteries died, and it's pouring! I'll try again in the afternoon. sorry. If you can wait, I think I'll be able to do it. Please post back of possible just what part of the plumbing needs detail.

Last edited:
Yes, if you can post them, that would be great. Mainly I need the routing of the line from the prop valve to wherever and how the front lines tee together.

Thanks a bunch! :D

If the above doesn't do it let me know and I'll try. My crappy little digicam is a little hard to aim into that space and I can't take my airbox off where I am parked, but I can probably zoom in on any specific details you need.

There are three outlets from the proportioning valve. The forward one on the bottom goes to the rear brakes. The rearward one on the bottom goes to the right front, and the one on the very rear end of it goes to the left front.

Hey thanks a bunch guys for the pictures. It does help and man not having ABS sure clears up a lot of space.

I do have a question for Matt, from what you are saying, all three lines come out of the prop valve, correct? In this case, there is no tee for the front brake, correct? That will suck as my ABS valve only has two in and two out. At the ABS pump, there is two in and three out.

Crap....

If your prop valve doesn't have an output on the very rear, you can use a T for the front lines. I have a 98 setup waiting to go into my MJ and it doesn't have the output on the back either, but it looks like it's got a plug that I can remove and replace with the threaded plug from my existing prop valve. I also have a T on heand, but if the plug in the back swaps that saves me from having to mess with the existing lines too much.

Hi guys, sorry I had not replied sooner. I haven't been around the last few days.

Okay, I will need to look at the prop valve and see if there is a plug at the rear. That would be totally cool but if not, sounds like a tee will have to do.

Thanks a bunch for all the help!!! :D This is why this has been the only board I am on that I actually sent money to. You guys rock!

Back