• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help in finding the right hydraulic winch

austinaubinoe

NAXJA Forum User
Ive had a M8000i for about 10 years now ( my dad originally bought it... wow I was 8). Anyways, I recently broke a brush off the motor and realized it was very corroded from lack of maintenance. My dad bought it and forgot about it.

ANYWAYS, time for a new winch. I want to go hydraulic for there constant power, simplicity, and because they seem to be indestructible.

Checking the Warn site all there hydraulic winches are listed under industrial.... I feel like they dont want us putting them on are jeeps. Also, in my searches, everyone seems to be running mile marker hydraulics'.

So im just asking for suggestions on a good 8-10K pound WARN hydraulic winch that will last me years and years. I dont get the clockwise/ anti-clockwise option, for example, because it was not an issue when buying electric.

would also like info on install kits if there out there.

Thanks.

So you're M8000 lasted 10 years with little to no maintenance and you want something better...?

How about another M8000 and taking care of it?

Not sure I would want a hydraulic winch sucking more power out of my PS pump, unless maybe it had it's own dedicated pump with a clutch so it's not robbing power all the time.

let me go on the record that my dad failed to maintain it :shhh:

Basically, I want something different. I have read that people have no problem running it off there stock pumps as long as there not steering at the same time. And even if you do turn the wheel, it only looses a little power for a second. I plan on upgrading to a WJ pump regardless. And im not worried about not being able to winch with the engine off.... Ive killed my battery before doing it with an electric. ever since I have never used a winch without the engine running anyways.

I also do alot of winter snow recoveries. SO.... anybody here run a warn hydraulic? which model? I want to run a YJ box... anywhere to get em pre tapped for hydraulic lines?

thanks

Last edited:
Back